Thursday, October 9, 2014

Baby Shower Blessings


I can't believe that I will be at 34 weeks on Saturday.  Pregnancy has been such a wonderful blessing.  I love feeling our little girl kick and move around.  Although I am excited to meet her, I'm perfectly content carrying her until full term.  She's easy to care for inside my belly!



Here's an update:
33 weeks + 5 days (33 weeks in the picture)

Maternity clothes?
Yes!  They are so much more comfortable.  I've tried to squeeze into some non-maternity shirts still, but those aren't really fitting anymore either.

Sleep?
I'm sleeping pretty well.  Baby J is moving around a little more at bedtime, and I usually wake up at least once to use the restroom.  But I'm still getting good sleep!

Best moment this week?
Baby shower!  More about that below.

Symptoms?
Some round ligament pain and swelling in my legs and ankles.  I also have had some sore joints in my fingers when I wake up in the morning.  I find that if I drink a lot of water during the day, that helps.

Food cravings?
Just sugar and carbs.  I usually eat pretty healthy and we cook and eat almost all our meals at home, but there is just too much junk around at work.

Food aversions?
Nothing new.  The stuff I didn't like before, I still don't like (pickles, mustard, fish, etc).

Movement?
Lots and lots of kicks and shifting from Baby J.  She continues to be active every day.  My sister got to feel her kick on Saturday!

Gender?
Girl!

Labor signs?
None. No recognizable Braxton Hicks either.

Belly button in or out?
Sorta out, sorta in.  I think it depends on where baby is positioned.

What I miss?
Nothing!  I already feel like our life has changed, and I know when she is here, it'll be a whole new world!

What I'm looking forward to?
We are still working on our upstairs bedroom.  Our house was built in 1910, and although previous owners have done a lot of updating, we still have some to make it our own.    

Seth has been installing electrical this week to add a light switch, light in the closet, and additional outlets.


Here are the walls after the wallpaper had been removed.  The walls are plaster.  There was a lot of cracks and damage.


Here are the walls after a coat of skim coat (thinned out plaster).  You can see the floors below.  We had those refinished a few months ago.

We are looking forward to getting this room finished, so we can have our bedroom on the same floor as the nursery.

I had two wonderful baby showers over the last couple of weeks.

The first shower on September 26th was hosted by a co-worker.  She hosted a dual shower for me and a co-worker that is due just a few weeks before me. It was a great, laid back shower on a Friday evening after work.  I really enjoyed getting together with my fellow work-ladies to talk outside of work and share baby stories.





The second shower was held on Oct 4th for my family.  It was about 2 hours away from where I live.  And my sister, Emily, and my Aunt Kris and Cousin Missy hosted the shower at my Aunt Kris' and Uncle Ken's house.  They have a beautiful house out in the country with a pond.  Even the guys came, and fished and watched the kids while we did the girly shower stuff!

My younger sister, Emily
My dad came from 4 hours away!
My sister, my mom, and me
A beautiful knitted dress that my mother-in-law made
Seth, me, my MIL, & my FIL
It was a great shower.  I was also so happy to have so many of my loved ones together for a day.  It had been since Christmas when I'd seen some of my cousins and family.

We got so many wonderful gifts for Baby J.  I can't believe the love and support we have received from everyone around us.  We have so many things to start out our lives with our little girl!

My sister also took a few maternity pictures for us.  Most are on her camera, so I'll share more later!

 photo AmySIG_zpsca1bc657.png

1 comment: