Thursday, September 18, 2014

30 weeks

I cannot believe I’ve reached the 30 week mark of this pregnancy. It has really gone by fast and the pregnancy has been pleasant. I hardly had any morning sickness, and except for some tiredness, I’ve felt great. I’m seeing a Midwife at a stand-alone birth center for prenatal care and will deliver at the same birth center. It is important to me to have a natural birth without interventions and medication. I’ll also be using the support of a doula during labor and delivery. We had an appointment earlier this week, and everything looks good and Baby Girl is head down, so that is good news! I have to constantly remind myself that this is real, and I thank the Lord every day for seeing us fit to become parents.
 
Here’s a summary:
How far along?
30 weeks + 5 days today (30 weeks in the picture)

Maternity clothes?
Oh yes! I was blessed by a lot of borrowed maternity clothes from women at church, my sister and sister-in-law, so I’ve only purchased two pairs of pants and a couple maternity tanks.

Sleep?
Pretty good, once I fall asleep. Sometimes it takes some moving around to get comfortable, and I’ve had some seasonal allergies that clog up my nose. But Breath Right strips help!

Best moment this week?
At the midwife appointment where she told me that baby has her head down (and will probably stay that way, yay!) and hearing her heartbeat. J

Symptoms?
Some round ligament pain and some veiny legs, but nothing to complain about

Food cravings?
Pumpkin spice latte from Caribou (1/2 caff) or Pumpkin spice chai latte. Yummy.

Food aversions?
None really.

Movement?
Lots and lots of kicks and shifting from Baby J. She is so active, and I love feeling her move around and sharing that with Seth. 

Gender?
Girl!

Labor signs?
None. I haven’t really noticed any Braxton Hicks yet. But I probably just don’t recognize them.

Belly button in or out?
Still in, but I think it might pop out before too long.

What I miss?
Nothing! I love being pregnant. I wouldn’t trade a deli meat sandwich or a beer for any of this.
Here's Baby J's 20 week ultrasound.

What I'm looking forward to? 
Finishing our upstairs bedrooms and living area. And upcoming baby showers.

We’ve been working a lot on our house to prepare for baby. There are three bedrooms upstairs and one bedroom on the main level. The nursery is upstairs, so we are moving our master bedroom upstairs also. Back in April, we ripped out all the carpet and had the original 100-year old wood floors refinished. Then in June, we had the damaging hail storm, which we are still working on completing repairs and replacements. Over the summer, we worked on the new master bedroom by tearing down some awful wallpaper. Unfortunately, we discovered that it was covering up some less-than-perfect plaster walls. So, we are in process of skim-coating or resurfacing the walls with joint compound. It is a long process, but when we are done, we hope to have smooth walls with no cracks. I’ll post before and after pictures when we are finished.

We’ve already been blessed with a lot of baby things, and I haven’t even had a shower yet. My mother-in-law gave us a crib, pack & play, activity mat, jogging stroller, and a lot of other misc needs. She has also knitted four beautiful blankets, two adorable outfits, and some hats, mittens, etc. She has been amazing and supportive. The nursery is coming together. We still need to hang curtains and some wall art. Plus, we’ve been on the lookout for a rocker to use in the baby’s room. I’ve also decided to cloth diaper, and my sister-in-law has been generous with diapers she is no longer using. Others have also been so generous with items given to us or lent to us.  

Here's a sneak peek of the nursery.  The dresser we bought from IKEA.  Oh boy, was it an ordeal to get this thing, but that's a story for another post.


Fall is beginning out at our place, and we’ve started to think about firewood and heating over the winter months. We refilled our propane tank. Last winter, propane prices skyrocketed to over $4/gallon when they are normally around $1.50/gallon. So, we primarily relied on our woodburning stove and space heaters for warmth. This year, with a little baby, we want to be prepared for a cold winter, so we’ll have propane, wood, and electric covered.

We are just in awe almost every day with the blessings that God has given us.  What a great and faithful Lord we have!

Things have been busy around here, but I'll try to post more in the next few months as we prepare for our whole lives to change! 


 photo AmySIG_zpsca1bc657.png

1 comment: