Thursday, March 13, 2014

This and That.....and Cats!

I cannot believe how fast the days and weeks fly by.  We have been very busy at work and equally busy at home.  Here's a recap of some of the things we've been up to:

-We've purchased all the items needed for our seed starting.  I'm procratinating a little, because I don't know what I'm doing.  But, I guess the best way to learn is "hands-on".  So, sometime this week, I will get those seeds planted in their tiny homes!

-Vanilla Tea Latte!  What?!  Why didn't I ever know about this before today?  I'm normally a coffee girl, but decided to switch it up today.  Also, our local Caribou Coffee has buy-one-get-one-free on Thursdays, so I figured there was nothing to lose.  This beverage is delicious.  Everyone should run our and get one right now.

-We took my mom to I Love Lucy Live on Stage on Sunday to celebrate her birthday.  My husband, Seth, grew up watching all the classic TV shows (Dick Van Dyke, Gilligan's Island, I Love Lucy, etc).  And he has helped me to fall in love with those shows, too.  It was a great performance, and the actors and actresses really played their parts well! 

-I bought this BEAUTIFUL antique library table and antique typewriter stand a few days ago.  There is this fabulous little shop that sells vintage furniture and clothes at really reasonable prices.  The library table is going to go in our office, and right now, the stand is in our kitchen.  Because we have a 114 year old farmhouse, these pieces just fit it perfectly.  Now, if I could only get all our boxes unpacked from the move 5 months ago (don't judge).

Here's a picture of the table while it was still in the store.   I could not get a picture of the stand to upload - urgh!



-As I mentioned before, we have mice.  Although we have been controlling them fairly well, we really think getting a couple of farm cats will help us.  We are going to take a look at some cats tonight at a farm nearby.  Then on Saturday, we have agreed to take a cat off someone's hands.  It is a little bit of a weird situation.  Here's how it went down:  I posted an ad on Craigslist stating that we wanted some farm cats.  I got a response from a person saying they had a cat and to text them.  So, I texted them a few questions about the cat, but then it got weird:


Just very strange situation.  We've agreed to still take the cat, but I hope the cops don't come knocking on my door!

Alright, here's hoping the rest of the week goes well and no more weird cat situations arise! 

No comments:

Post a Comment