Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Dwell on This

Yesterday, I was in a bad mood.  Nothing in particular set me off.  I just was tired and grumpy.  I think we all have those days.  But, I know that as a Christian, I have been instructed to dwell on the positive things in my life and to be thankful for all the blessings I have been given.  Philippians 4:8 gives us this lesson.

 
I love this verse, because it is so clear.  It helps me to put things in perspective.  We often default to the "woe is me" feelings of this world, but Paul writes in Philippians that we should dwell on the positive gifts from God.  See, Paul wrote Philippians from prison.  My Tuesday, in America, at my desk job certainly cannot be worse than sitting in a prison cell in Rome.  And still, in his circumstances, he told us that God wants us to focus our thoughts on the things that are true, honorable, right, pure, lovely, of good repute, excellent, and worthy of praise.
 
My blog friend, Caroline, over at In Due Time also reminded me that everyday we have a choice about our attitudes.  She reinforced that notion with another verse, Proverbs 23:7, which states "For as he thinks within himself, so he is...."
 
Today, I've made that decision to focus on the positive.  God has blessed me with many wonderful things, and I will praise Him for that today!
 


1 comment:

  1. Yes this is so good Amy! I was going to share this verse next Monday, so we are on the same page here ;) Thanks for the link up!!!! I love that you are choosing to be positive and praising Him! There is so much power in that!

    ReplyDelete