Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Back Home

I'm home! And I got here early. I was originally scheduled to come back home to Nebraska on Friday, February 14th. However, since the weather people were predicting that the Northeast was in for a GIANT snowstorm, the folks I was working for in Baltimore gathered everyone up on Tuesday morning and told us all to book new flights for Wednesday. I was on that so fast!  

The Lord is so amazing in answering prayers. When I heard talk of a storm, I started praying that the Lord would get me home safe. I didn't think about an earlier flight, I was just hopeful that I would get home on-time and safe. He answered that prayer with something even greater than I imagined!  

"The Lord liveth; and blessed be my rock; and let the God of my salvation be exalted." 
Psalms 18:46

I got a flight out on Wednesday at 6:30am. This gave me a 3:15am wake up call, so I could get ready to head to the airport. The driver picked me up at 4:15am, and got me to the airport plenty early to get through security and get a latte. I'm not pretty that early in the morning, especially without a little coffee.  

There was a strange situation in the security checkline where a man didn't want to go through the metal detector without being able to see his carry-on luggage. He said something about having three laptops. He was very insistent and sort of obnoxious. Not surprisingly, he was then singled out for a pat down. He ended up being on my flight, and I didn't hear anything more from him, so maybe it was truly just an issue with his many laptops.

So, after arriving on Wednesday, Seth picked me up at the airport. He took the whole day off of work, so we could spend time together (isn't he awesome?). We grabbed lunch downtown and then headed home. I spent the rest of the afternoon unpacking, cleaning a bit, and then Seth made some delicious brisket, and we relaxed the rest of the evening.

We both headed back to work on Thursday. I was able to keep up on most of what was happening at work while I was gone, but still had some catching up to do once I got back into the office.  

We both took work off on Friday. A wife needs some time with her husband when she has been gone for 6 weeks! Seth bought me a beautiful necklace and 30 hydrangea stems for Valentine's Day. He's such a great guy!  

We otherwise stuck pretty close to home on Friday and Saturday. We tried to get our new driver's licenses because of moving to a new house, but the Licensing office is only open on Thursdays in our tiny county.  

We had a nice long weekend, (thanks to the Presidents!) with Monday off, too. So, we did a lot of Olympics-cheering, movie-watching, and lounging around the house. We also celebrated a very late Christmas with my mom, sister, brother-in-law, and niece. We just weren't able to get together before I left for Baltimore. It was nice to see them all on Sunday after church. It is just so great to be home!

1 comment: