Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Weekend in DC & then a snow day

This weekend I traveled from Baltimore to Washington D.C. by train.  The trip is about 1 hour and on the commuter train only costs $7.  Pretty good, considering it cost $10 for a 10 minute cab drive in the city.  While there, I went to the American Art Museum and Portrait Gallery and then Amanda met up with me before Seamus came and picked up both up.  We also took a drive to the National Harbor near Alexandria.  The convention center/hotel was hosting a cheer leading competition, so there were swarms of little gals everywhere.  I didn't take pictures of them, that would have been weird.



On Sunday, we toured the Kennedy Performing Arts Center.  The view from the top deck was amazing!  Seamus and Amanda are just so easy to spend time with and they are very welcoming.



And then I meet up with my friend Kirsten for brunch.  I loved catching up with her.  We hadn't seen each other for a couple years, and now she is moving to New York City in a few months.  Just crazy to see where people end up after college.



Yesterday, with the holiday, we didn't have class, so I just relaxed and watched a lot of shows on Amazon Prime.  But, I've been a little bored, okay a lot bored.  I know I could find more productive things to do with my time like exercise, for example.  I think some of it related to me just missing home and my husband.  Homesickness is real, I'm telling you!

But when I woke up today, I was somewhat excited to go to work.  I mean, it at least gives me something to do all day.  Unfortunately, Baltimore is expecting up to 10 inches of snow today, so the office is closed for a snow day.  It is around noon now, and it isn't too bad yet.  So, we'll see if it continues coming down, and whether or not it affects work for the rest of the week.


In the meantime, I have already done my laundry and watched a couple more shows.  I know, I know.  How can a person fit so much excitement in one morning?  I'll try to tone it down for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment