Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Photography, blogging, and Baltimore


I'm not much of a "sharer".  I like my privacy, and I don't feel like my life is all that interesting.  But, this year I want to start documenting our journey on our new acreage, the beginning of my photography hobby, and my appreciation of all the blessings God has given to us. 

Currently, I'm stuck in a hotel room for a few weeks on a work assignment out of town.  I'm attempting to utilize this time to learn how to take better pictures.  I got a new Canon Rebel SL1 (DSLR camera) right before Thanksgiving as an early birthday/Christmas/let's-move-into-a-new-house present. 


So far, me and the "Auto" feature have been good friends.  But, I am eager to learn more.  Not only do I want to learn the features of my camera, but also how to better compose pictures.  I'm excited to take up this new hobby!  

One of the ways I plan to take more (and better) pictures this year is by practice and sharing my progress through Project 52.  I will take and post a picture every week this year.  So, at the end of the year, I'll have 52 pictures - that hopefully reflect something that happened that week.  Since we are already into week 2, I will share two pictures this week.

Weeks 1 & 2:
This is the view from my hotel window.  The Emerson Bromo-Seltzer clock tower now houses artists' studios.  According to my excellent research (errr...Wikipedia reading), this used to be the tallest building in Baltimore.

One of my other goals while here in Baltimore is to spend more time in the Word.  I've got the time, so there are no excuses.  

"The law of the Lord is perfect, restoring the soul; The testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple."  Psalm 19:7

I'm excited to start 2014 and document it along the way!


No comments:

Post a Comment