Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Missing home

I've been away from home for 9 days.  I have 30 days left.  I know this is going to be tough, it already is.  I miss everything about being home:  my bed, my house, my dogs, but mostly my husband.


Yes, I volunteered to come to Baltimore.  Yes, the extra money will be nice.  But, I have to think I wasn't really in my right mind when I said I would do this.  It isn't the work during the day, that is just fine.  It's mostly the evenings and the weekends.  Saturdays and Sundays are wonderful at home.  We sleep in on Saturdays, we go to church on Sundays.  We relax and reconnect.  Gosh, even weekdays are better at home.  Because we are together.  We work together, so we ride to work in the morning, and we ride home at night.  I love that time.  We've been married for 6 years, I still love every day with him.  And I am sad during those days when he is far away.

I'll be in his arms in 30 days.  Let the countdown begin.  

1 comment:

  1. 30 days!!! Hope it goes by fast and I just know that there is purpose in each and every day!!

    ReplyDelete